The Northwest Arkansas Economic Development District was established in 1967 and subsequently funded in part by Arkansas Act 118 of 1969 based upon the template set by Congress in 1965 by Public Law 89-136, known as the Public Works and Economic Development Act.
This job typically reports to: Northwest Arkansas Development District (the District) NATS Operation Manager This position is classified as non-exempt as stated in the Fair Labor Standards Act.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The NATS Mechanic works under the general supervision of the NATS Operation
Manager. Responsibilities include the maintenance of all the NATS vehicles and all
vehicles for which NATS holds maintenance contract or may contract with in the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules may be subject to change in order to meet District needs. Attendance at work is an essential function of the job and teamwork and supervision are required for proper job performance. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Vehicles are to be kept road ready at all times following the preventive
maintenance schedule as outlined in the Comprehensive Maintenance Schedule
adopted by NATS.
2. Maintain the building and grounds in good repair, clean and orderly.
3. Maintain a schedule for cleaning all NATS vehicles and ensure that all are kept
clean inside and out at all times.
4. Assist in fueling and cleaning of vehicles.
5. Attend all training sessions as directed by NATS Director.
6. Observe the Inclement Weather Policy established by the District.
7. Perform any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation.
1. Must have a good driving record and hold a valid Arkansas CDL drivers license
with a rating that qualifies to drive all vehicles operated by NATS.
2. License must include a Passenger Endorsement.
3. Clean driving record
4. Pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.
5. Must pass random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug and alcohol
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Vocational Certificate in Auto Mechanics with experience in related field applicable to
work performed or equivalent combination of experience and training.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
1. Frequent standing for a minimum of seven (7) hours, sitting for one (1) hour and
walking for one (1) hour.
2. Occasional carrying or lifting weight up to 50 lbs. Occasional bending, stooping,
squatting, crawling, climbing, crouching, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling
and reaching above shoulder.
3. Continuous use of hands for repetitive actions such as simple and firm grasping
and fine manipulation.
Send resume to Pam Schubert, HR Coordinator, NWAEDD, PO Box 190, Harrison, AR 72602 or email email@example.com.
Northwest Arkansas Economic Development District, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.