Community & Economic Development Coordinator
The Community & Economic Development Coordinator works under the general supervision of the Deputy Director and is responsible for providing assistance to local communities in developing grant applications, completing grant agreements, leading and facilitating regional projects, and providing a full range of monitoring and administrative services on approved grant projects within the nine county District of Northwest Arkansas. This particular position’s primary focus will be on writing/administering Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), Delta Regional Authority (DRA) grants, & Economic Development Administration (EDA) grants, but will also include writing/administering grants from a variety of other funding sources. This position is governed by state, federal and local laws, and District policy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the application process for potential grant funded projects, helping to structure projects following detailed guidelines and analyzing proposed projects for eligibility and feasibility.
- Coordinates with the grantor agencies in the development of grant agreements including scope of work, budget, and special conditions, conducting meetings with concerned parties, and coordinating all programmatic aspects of grant implementation.
- Implements, administers and monitors approved grants to assure conformance and compliance with all program regulations; conducts periodic on-site inspections of projects, chronicles activities related to project, reviews and prepares amendments and change orders as required, and conducts project close-out procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal rules and regulations.
- Provides technical assistance to potential and actual grantees by conducting training sessions, advising on project eligibility, and communicating program guidelines and regulations.
- Serves as project liaison between the granting agency and the grantee, working in close association with project engineers, architects, contractors and subcontractors, coordinating details relative to project development, construction and completion.
- Serves as the organizer and lead facilitator for miscellaneous community specific and regional projects.
- Performs research to evaluate the prospects of new programs and grant opportunities for NWAEDD and its members.
- Assists in compiling and completing community/regional surveys and compiling regional data that benefit the NWAEDD member communities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to speak in public.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage complex projects.
- Proficient with the Internet and Microsoft, including but not limited to; Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Obtaining the appropriate certifications will be required.
- Evening meetings & travel required at times.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment while working within the framework established by NWAEDD management.
Please send résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org .