Our goal at NWAEDD is to be the vehicle that links the private and public sectors together while working to advance economic development in our communities. However, there is no “one size fits all” economic development strategy – and the needs of one community may not represent the needs of another. As a result we strive to provide value in a variety of areas, in an effort to help meet the needs of all the communities of Northwest Arkansas. To accomplish this goal we offer local governments and community-based organizations help in the following areas:
• participating in community & economic development plans
• identification of grant & loan sources for community projects
• bridge to funding and regulatory agencies
• guide for new & existing businesses requiring tax & infrastructure incentives
• preparation of grant and loan applications
NWAEDD’s economic development activities are supported in part by the United States Economic Development Administration under EDA’s economic districts planning grant program. This funding is used to support some of the services we provide to localities and to maintain the NWAEDD’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS). The CEDS contains information on the region-wide economy of our nine county economic development district and lists local and regional development goals and strategies.