Arkansas Workforce Centers provide locally developed and operated services linking employers and jobseekers through a statewide delivery system. Convenient “one-stop” centers are designed to eliminate the need to visit different locations. The Centers integrate multiple workforce development programs into a single system, making the resources much more accessible and user friendly to jobseekers as well as expanding services to employers.
Arkansas Workforce Centers are designed “by employers for employers” to find and train qualified workers and help jobseekers find new opportunities. When it all comes together, it’s a winning partnership for Arkansas!
Arkansas Workforce Centers offer employers access to the largest, most diverse source of job seekers in the area. Skills and abilities are matched to appropriate job choices. Among our services are:
- Identifying skill requirements and developing job listings
- Recruitment and screening for job openings
- Labor market information
- Training of new or incumbent employees
If you’re looking for a job or hoping to move to a better job, your local Arkansas Workforce Center provides the latest information about job vacancies, worker availability and salary or wage rates in your area. The center offers the following services:
- Self-service in the resource center
- Intensive services for those needing personal assistance
- Training for those who qualify
- Dislocated workers can get help finding new jobs through self-service labor market information and job seeking databases
- Help with job seeking skills such as resume writing and interview preparation
- Statewide referral system linking jobseekers to other agencies that can provide supportive services needed in order to become successfully employed.